Do these things or never complain about SEO #
Certain search engine optimisation (SEO) tasks are necessary for all new websites and we recommend you do some things from your end.
Please carry out the following tasks #
A Gmail or G-Suite account is necessary for any Google services.
- Register a Gmail account if you haven’t already got one.
- Send us your Gmail address so that we can share access to any Google services we set up for you.
- Google My Business
This service is very important. It helps you skip ahead of outside competitors when someone searches for a product or service in your area or via their phone. Set this up even if you don’t have a public shopfront – Use your home office as the location. Be careful to use correct and complete information as Google is sensitive to scams and will not enable the account if it thinks something is wrong. Ask us how to use the Reviews link to get review stars on your listing. Be aware that anyone can review your business at any time, and so you should be registered and prepared to respond professionally if you receive a review you don’t like.
- Sign into the Google Business website with your Gmail account.
- Find and claim your business or create it from scratch if it isn’t there.
- Verify the location of your business – They may text or call you, or they might mail you a card with a verification code to your business address. Wait for it and enter the code back into the site.
- Sections to complete:
- Users – Look for the vertical triple-dot menu to the right of “Your business on Google” and on there select “Business Profile settings”. Then click “People and Access” and add [email protected] as a new user with the Manager role.
- Sections to ignore – All of these only serve to confuse customers:
- Posts – Use your website to post content
- Messages – Use your website contact form for contact messages
- Products – Use your website to sell your products
- Website – Do not click this or you will get stuck in a wizard you can’t get out of.
- Sections for later
- Insights – View interactions
- Reviews – Respond to any you receive
- Google Ads
This is entirely optional. Paying for Ads, even if temporarily, allows you to skip to the top of Google straight away. Setting this up can be complicated, confusing and also very expensive if you let Google do it for you. Create your Ads account and then share it with us if you want it checked over. We advise against using the Google Ads setup wizard for Smart Campaigns that is promoted in your Google Business account, and instead set up your campaign manually.
- Sign into the Google Ads website with your Gmail account.
- You will be forced to go through a setup wizard for your first campaign. You won’t be using this campaign so skip as many steps as you can or provide only basic details as required.
- You must add your credit card to the account when it asks, so do that.
- Once you are past the wizard, look for a Settings menu at the top of the screen and select ‘Switch to Expert Mode’.
- Then look on the left of the page for Admin > Access & Security
- Add [email protected] as a new Admin there.
- This can be very confusing so be prepared to call and work through it with us.
- If WonderWebs is helping you with this, then we will delete the initial campaign and create a new one from scratch to save you money.
We will carry out the following tasks for you #
- Google Analytics
We set this up for every website. Ask us to share it with your Gmail account if you want to get into the service.
- Google Search Console
We set this up and manage it here.
- Bing Search Console
We manage this from here.
- Bing Places for Business.
We will transfer your Google Business listing to this. Otherwise, set it up yourself, but tell us that you have.
Read the SEO Guide linked below for more detail, ideas and suggestions on these and other SEO-related topics.